2018 SYRACUSE FFG REGISTRATION (now open, 1/25/18)
SYRACUSE FFG is a post-season wrestling club that trains athletes at all levels to ultimately help them achieve their high school wrestling goals and prepare kids for collegiate wrestling. Our main emphasis is skill development in all phazes of wrestling. The program is open to all kids grades Pk-12 from any school, but all practices will be held at Syracuse High School.
Freestyle, Greco, and Folkstyle will all be emphasized to get the athletes wrestling to their fullest potential. We are not accepting beginners. Beginners should start in our youth recreation program beginning in October every season.
Our first ten seasons have been a tremendous success with over 40 members in our first year and over 50 members in our second through tenth seasons. Many of which have wrestled at multiple tournaments throughout Utah, Idaho, Nevada, Illinois, North Dakota, and Florida.
2018 SEASON INFORMATION:
• Limited space is available! Only dedicated wrestlers will be accepted.
• Coaches will be available at all practices and tournaments.
• Regular attendance at practices and tournaments is expected and necessary to help you achieve your goals.
• All wrestlers are expected to make 95% of practices.
•Parent involvement is necessary to help our club continue to progress. We are requiring parent volunteers. There are many ways to help: coaching, weight masters, roll taking, table help at tournaments, etc.
• Please remember your red and blue singlet at tournaments. Schoolboy and under must have headgear. USA Wrestling cards must be purchased ($40) online (click here to purchase) and is required at all tournaments. There are different levels of membership in USA Wrestling, click here to view the tiered membership benefits. Tournaments do carry a fee depending on how many styles you sign up for. $12 for each style with the third style free.
• PRACTICES WILL BE HELD EVERY TUESDAY AND THURSDAY FROM FEB. 27 UNTIL APRIL 21.
-all practices are 5:45-7:30 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the Syracuse High Wrestling room.
• NO PRACTICE DURING SPRING BREAK.
SYRACUSE FFG ALL-AMERICANS
Junior 100 lbs Colton Eden 1st (Folkstyle)
Junior 113 lbs Bryce Brimhall 5th (Folkstyle)
Cadet 152 lbs Jayden Burton 8th (Folkstyle)
Junior 106 lbs Bryce Brimhall 8th (Freestyle)
Bantam 45 lbs Teague Brown 8th place (freestyle)
Bantam 65 lbs Jaxen Endresen 6th place (freestyle)
Intermediate 95 lbs Trevor Drake 3rd place (freestyle)
Schoolboy 152 lbs Jayden Burton 4th place (freestyle)
Bantam 65 lbs Jaxen Endresen 6th place (greco)
Intermediate 95 lbs Trevor Drake 3rd place (greco)
Schoolboy 152 lbs Jayden Burton 4th place (greco)
Junior 106 lbs Bryce Brimhall 3rd (Folkstyle)
Junior 106 lbs Brock George 3rd place (Greco)
Bantam 40 lbs Teague Brown 3rd place (Folkstyle)
Cadet 94 lbs Bryce Brimhall 5th place (Folkstyle)
FILA Junior 110 lbs Brock George 4th place (Greco)
FILA Junior 110 lbs Brock George 4th place (Freestyle)
Junior 100 lbs Brock George 6th place (Freestyle)
Cadet 84 lbs Bryce Brimhall 8th place (Greco)
Novice 70 lbs Kierstien Bush 7th place (Freestyle)
Schoolboy 70 lbs Bryce Brimhall 5th place (Greco Roman)
Schoolboy 70 lbs Bryce Brimhall 6th place (Freestyle)
Schoolboy 70 lbs Brock George 8th place (Greco Roman)
Schoolboy 70 lbs Brock George 8th place (Freestyle)